- Association of Environmental Consultants and Contractors of Malaysia (AECCOM)
- Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI)
INTERNATIONAL CENTRE OF
- World Health Organisation Air Management Information System
Mr. Lee Ah Lek is the Manager (Enviro-Technology) of Enviro-LIFT Services Sdn Bhd from May 2001. Prior to joining Enviro-LIFT, Mr. Lee served as a Quality Assurance Manager in ALS Technichem (M) Sdn Bhd, an ISO Guide 25 accredited laboratory. He was responsible for the development of quality system for the testing of water and air for a wide range of contaminants. He had been involved with the monitoring of river water nationwide. He had also supported the monitoring of national marine water monitoring programme.
Mr. Lee was responsible for various wastewater and air monitoring at industrial sites in relation to regulatory requirements. He had held the post of Chemist/Technical Manager in the Department of Chemistry, Malaysia in the period of 1980-1999, where he had provided laboratory support to DOE and the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) in various environmental monitoring and enforcement efforts.
Mr. Lee is a registered Chemist with the Malaysian Institute of Chemistry and a Technical Assessor of the Department of Standards Malaysia. Mr. Lee obtained his B.Sc. (Hons) from University of Malaya in 1980 and M.Sc. from Manchester Metropolitan University in 1994 (both in Chemistry).
Name / Qualifications / Position
Field of Expertise & Experience
Mr. Lee Ah Lek
BSc (Hons) (University of Malaya); MSc (MMU); AMIC; Dip. CIM (UK)
- Water and air quality monitoring and assessment
- Air, wastewater and solid waste management
- Wastewater Characteristic Study (WWCS)
- Groundwater sampling, monitoring and assessment
- Chemicals storage management
- Industrial pollution and hazardous site assessment and remediation
- Environmental Site Assessment
- Laboratory quality system assessment
Major Projects Undertaken / Clients Supported
- Project Manager for Monitoring of Indoor and/or Outdoor Air of Epson Precision (M) Sdn Bhd, WRP Asia Pacific (M) Sdn Bhd, etc.
- WWCS at Region Foods, Epson Precision (M) Sdn Bhd, Gardenia Bakeries (KL) Sdn Bhd, Ridgemonde Chemicals & Resins Sdn Bhd, Federal Paints, Mauri Fermentation (M) Sdn Bhd, MSC Micro Precision, Muda Paper Mills Sdn Bhd, Ancom Crop Care Sdn Bhd, Ajinomoto (Malaysia) Berhad etc.
- Monitoring of groundwater and marine water quality at Shell Refinery, Port Dickson
- Project Manager of Environmental Site Assessment at Bata (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Team Leader for Environmental Audit for EIA Compliance for Taman Beringin Transfer Station, Alam Flora Sdn Bhd
- QA Manager for testing of river and marine water of National Water Quality Monitoring Network
- Provided laboratory support to DOE in their monitoring and enforcement efforts relating to wastewater and outdoor air quality
- Provided laboratory support to DOSH in their monitoring and enforcement efforts relating to indoor air quality